Welcome to the GST Advisory Panel website. The Panel was set up to help businesses and the Government implement the GST rate increase to 15% announced in Budget 2010.
The website dealt with your queries and comments as you prepared to move to the new rate.
The Panel considered your submissions and acted as a conduit between businesses and the Government. It monitored how businesses dealt with the changes so that the Government was aware of particular issues you may have faced in recording and charging GST at the new rate. The Panel also advised the Government on any more general concerns for particular industries, activities or types of transactions related to the GST rate increase.
The Government was keen to ensure that any changes were implemented as smoothly as possible.
Members of the GST Advisory Panel:
- Frank Owen (Chair), Retired Chartered Accountant
- David McLay, Tax Barrister
- Craig Macalister, Tax Director, New Zealand Institute of Chartered Accountants
- Phil O'Reilly, Chief Executive, Business New Zealand
- Karen Radford, Director, New Zealand Retailers Association
Hon Peter Dunne
Minister of Revenue